This recipe became an adaptation to what I originally wanted to make because I realized I didn’t have any jalapeno chilies! So…I improvised and I must say it totally worked! These crescent bites are the perfect appetizer for a dinner party or something to make just to have around the house as a tasty snack for the kiddos!
Cilantro Chicken Crescent Bites
- 4oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup chopped cooked chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- –> Not added to this recipe but for a little heat add 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped sliced jalapeño chiles
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except crescent rolls until well blended; set aside.
Unroll dough and separate into 2 long rectangles. Place rectangles onto a baking sheet, pressing the perforations to seal. Spread half of cream cheese mixture onto each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
Starting with one long side, roll up each rectangle; pressing outer seams to seal. Cut each roll into slices (about six per roll).
Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet and serve warm. Enjoy!