Well ~ we did it…We finally gave Brian’s grandmother’s car back to her and purchased a new car for Brian. Our first ever brand new, right off the dealership lot car! So excited! Let me hook you up with some background…
- October 2011 …Brian loses his job that he’s had for the past eleven years because upper management decided they were paying him too much money despite him posting record sales and on the verge of blowing up his department. (Well the joke is on those idiots because after they let him go they have not posted a profit once and lost more key managers — to the point that corporate stepped in! Ha! Jerks…)\
- November 2011 …We move away from the East coast where we’d been living for the past five and a half years to our home back in California to be closer to our family. Brian starts looking for work.
- December 2011 …Brian’s grandmother loses her license to drive because she’s not able to so she has a vehicle that Brian can use for the time being. This will prevent us from being a one car family. Gives me my freedom and stops me from going completely crazy.
- Fast forward a year to December 2012 …Brian starts his new career in insurance and we are finally able to give back his grandmother’s car. Grateful that we didn’t have to pay for a rental car or worry about car payments it was a true blessing.
- January 2013 …Purchase aforementioned new car!
What do you think? Pretty huh? It’s still taking me some time to get used to because it’s low to the ground and I am used to my SUV. We bought a second car seat for Reagan so we don’t have to switch whenever we switch cars. It does get much better gas mileage than my GMC Acadia…so Brian and I will swap depending on who is driving more that day. But…I am happy. We bought a car!