Pest infestation is one problem that comes with practically every home, and as such several means are devised to deal with it. Pest control comes in two forms; pest control services rendered by trained professionals and do-it-yourself pest control done by the home owner. As expected, there has always been a debate as to whether pest control services are really worth the money. This article will give you a pest control cost idea, as well as highlight reasons why you need professional exterminators.
Pest Control Cost Idea
When hiring a pest control service, there are two options open to you. These are a one-time visit and recurring visits.
- One-Time Visit: A one-time visit is not as straightforward, as going in and carrying out the service within a few hours. It requires careful steps that include assessment, finding the location of the pests and locating the entry points. It is only after these steps have been carried out that treatment can be applied. One-time visits from pest control services usually cost between $300 to $700.
- Recurring Visits: For recurring visits, the cost is cut across the first visit and regular treatments. First visits usually entail assessment, inspection and finding the location of the pests. After this, a plan will be made for regular treatments. First visits usually cost between $250 and $850, with regular treatments varying from $40 to $45 per visit.
Why You Need Pest Control Services
Booking the services of pest control professional is better than employing a do-it-yourself approach. Some of the reasons for this are discussed below.
- You Avoid Health Risks: A lot of health risks come with carrying out pest control by yourself. A lot of chemicals go into the process of extermination, with many of these chemicals having dangerous effect on the body. A professional pest control service will have the needed gear to use these chemicals properly. However an untrained person like you, might be exposed to it leaving yourself and family at risk.
- Effectiveness: Nothing compares to having trained professionals carry out a given task. While do-it-yourself pest control methods might give you a fair result, it can not match the effectiveness of a pest control service. With many years of experience, professional exterminators know what works for different pests, how to spot entry points as well as the best measures to employ.
- It Saves You Time And Energy: Hiring a professional pest control service saves you time and energy. Professional pest control services are faster and more effective. Paying for this, will save you the time and stress that you will go through carrying out the extermination by yourself. You can use the time to focus on other projects in the house.
Hiring a pest control company also helps you to avoid further damage. You also get professional advice on how to prevent future pest infestation.